Mazafati Dates (Rotab)
In recent years, exports of Mazafati dates have been on the rise. Last year, it exported to more than 85 countries, indicating that Iranian dates abroad have gained a good market. Among the exported date palms, Mazafati dates were the most exported in Iran, out of a total of 274,000 tons of dates exported during this period, 112,000 tons equivalent to 40% of the total export weight of the dates.
Appearance characteristics of Mazafati date
- The skin of these dates is not sticky and does not have sap.
- Skin is almost dry and thin, glossy and smooth, and is sometimes separated from the fruit.
- Mazafati dates are harvested in late summer.
- Humidity ranged between 15% to 35% depending on the time of harvest.
- Mazafati dates are dark purple or black.
- The size is between 2.5 and 4.5 cm.
Mazafati Date Tree
Harvesting of Bass Mazafati rhubarb begins in late summer in warmer regions and continues until late October in cooler areas of Kerman.
Properties of Mazafati date
These dates contain a large amount of potassium mineral in its intrinsic structure. It also has high iron and natural sugar and is good for the body. Dates, due to their high vitamin C, enhance the elasticity of the skin and the nutrients in the dates are effective in improving skin texture.
Storage conditions of Mazafati date
Due to its high humidity, it is stored at temperatures between -5 ° C and -5 ° C. Many dates can be stored in the open air and in a room environment, but the storage conditions are unique and it is recommended that these dates be stored in the refrigerator for home use.