Sayer date are one of the export dates of Iran that has high annual export statistics and is widely grown in palm trees in Khuzestan province and is unique in world nutritional value and sugar. Other dates are light brown in color, 18% relative humidity semi dry, good taste and medium size. The annual harvest of date palms in Iran is over 5000 tons.
Notable features of Sayer date (Khuzestan dates) include:
- The shape of an ellipse.
- Semi-dry texture.
- Dark and even light brown skin.
- Size 2 to 4 cm.
- Weight 6 to 9 grams.
Sayer date like other popular Iranian dates have superior characteristics that are suitable for export. This has led to increased exports of these dates, which are as follows:
- Very low price and high tonnage of other dates.
- Soft texture and high resistance to temperature and humidity causing the slightest change in date quality.
- 15% to 18% humidity, semi-dry and more than one year shelf life.
- Higher sugar visas for date processing companies.
- High nutrients and low cellulose.
- Easy storage in ordinary warehouses, even without refrigeration, and even transport and export in refrigerated containers.