Dragon fruit is a tropical fruit native to Mexico and Central America. Its taste is like a combination of a kiwi and a pear.
You may also have heard of dragon fruit as a ‘red pitahaya’. But red is not entirely correct in this case, the colour is actually closer to a pinkish red. They also come in yellow.
Dragon fruit is a low-calorie fruit that is high in fiber and provides a good amount of several vitamins and minerals.
- Calories: 60
- Protein: 1.2 grams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Carbs: 13 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Vitamin C: 3% of the RDI
- Iron: 4% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 10% of the RDI
- Skin rejuvenation
- Acne and pimples
- Cleanses and detoxifies the skin
- Treat dry skin
- Treatment of osteoarthritis
- Strengthen vision
- Strengthen teeth and bones
- Improves brain function
- Strengthen the immune system
- Select a ripe fruit with bright red, evenly colored skin that gives slightly when squeezed.
- Use a sharp knife and cut straight through the fruit, slicing it in half.
- You can use a spoon to eat the fruit out of the skin or peel the skin off and slice the pulp into small pieces.
- Simply slice it up and eat it as is.
- Chop it into small pieces and top with Greek yogurt and chopped nuts.
- Include it in a salad.