Share This Article
Popular Eggplants Around The World That Make Variety Of Cooking
Eggplant And Popular Eggplants: Aubergine, also known as eggplant or brinjal, is technically a fruit.
However, due to its taste and texture, it’s normally classed and eaten as a vegetable.Like the tomato (another fruit that’s been thrown in with veggies), aubergine can be eaten raw with seeds and skin included. Still, it’s decidedly more pleasant to consume after cooking it for a while..
they are extremely good at absorbing flavors and acting as a sort of “base” for a meal — which makes them very convenient for cooking.This is why you’ll see aubergines used in a lot of vegetarian ‘mock meat’ dishes, for example.
Eegplant Specifications And Popular Eggplants:
- This plant, is an annual plant with a relatively thick stem and covered with hairs. The height of the stem reaches up to 70 cm.
- Its leaves are oval with a narrow tip and its flowers are purple. The fruit of this plant is long and narrow or round, purple, black, yellow and white colors.
- Eggplant belongs to the potato family.
- has different cultivars and different shapes and colors such as Qalami eggplant (Japanese eggplant) and Pakutah eggplant (Italian eggplant) and more
The original habitat of eggplant is the land of India. This plant first grew wild in that land; But later in the fifth century BC, the Chinese planted it in their own land. Eggplant first made its way to Italy in the 14th century and was then used by people throughout Europe and the Middle East. Today, Italy, Turkey, Egypt, China and Japan have the highest eggplant cultivation in the world.
7 delightful benefits of eggplants you should know about:
- Protects Against Cardiovascular Disease
- Aids Digestion
- Can Lower Blood Pressure
- May Help Prevent Diabetes
- Maintains Proper Immune Function
- Good For Your Bones
- Prevent Premature Skin Aging
Tips on choosing and storing eggplant :
Eggplant should have firm flesh, be heavy in proportion to its size, its skin should be soft, shiny and shiny and free of any stains, because the presence of any stains in eggplant indicates that the meat under the skin is damaged and may be rotten. Be. Eggplant stems and caps should also be light green. To determine the ripeness of the eggplant, press it with your thumb. If it is not resilient, it has arrived. We can Store Eggplant in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for only a few days without peeling and washing.