It is the different types of fruits and vegetables in the diet that improve the health of the individual, and in this article, we will explain to you the importance of each of them separately.
Fruit and its benefits
- The World Health Organization recommends that an individual eat the equivalent of 400 grams of fruits and vegetables per day, because eating fruits helps and protects a person from contracting various types of diseases.
- Fruit is rich in a large number of nutrients that the human body needs to maintain its health, and one of these nutrients, potassium, is found in abundance in bananas, for example, and works to improve human health and reduce the incidence of some diseases.
- These diseases are represented by heart attacks and kidney stones, and also reduces bone loss that results from age, and fruits in general provide the body with many benefits that greatly affect health.
- By eating balanced daily quantities of fruits, the body can resist many diseases, thanks to the chemical plant compounds available in the fruit, and thus strengthens the immune system and its ability to bypass diseases, including cancer.
The most nutritious fruits
Grapefruit: Grapefruit is a type of acid in fruits, and it works to reduce the body’s resistance to insulin and greatly helps in losing excess weight. Grapefruit is one of the fruits rich in various minerals and vitamins, and some research indicates that those who eat this fruit before their food can lose about a kilogram of their weight, and the level of insulin and resistance to it decreases.
Pineapple: It is a fruit that acts as a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling. It also effectively helps in protein digestion, as it contains various enzymes through bromelain.
Bananas: Bananas are one of the most important sources of potassium, which contributes to controlling blood pressure and heart rate rates, which protects a person from exposure to chronic heart and pressure problems. Bananas contain a group of fibers that regulate bowel movement and help the digestive system to perform its function effectively. The body also produces serotonin, or the happiness hormone, through eating bananas.
Apples: Apples contain a high percentage of fiber and vitamins such as vitamin C and vitamin K, and some research indicates that apples protect against diabetes, Alzheimer’s diseases and cancers through the antioxidants present in them.
Vegetables and their benefits
- They vary in colors, shapes, and of course in benefits, and by mentioning an introduction to fruits and vegetables, the types of vegetables will be divided and their benefits are known.
- Vegetables of all kinds provide the human body with multivitamins such as vitamin A, C, and B, and provide it with many minerals that are very important for health, such as calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium and other various minerals.
- Vegetables contain insoluble and insoluble fibres, in addition to antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and some different amino acids.
- Rich in fats that tend to be liquid.
- Cholesterol, calories, and fats are very low, which improves human health.
Information about the benefits of fruits and vegetables
- The fact that fruits and vegetables contain dietary fiber helps in regulating the movement of the digestive system and intestines.
- Which contributes effectively to rid the body of stomach and digestion problems, the most famous of which is constipation.
- Save the body from many chronic and dangerous diseases, such as diseases of the immune system, heart problems and many types of cancer.
- And other diseases thanks to the fiber, minerals and vitamins it contains.
- Fruits and vegetables increase the feeling of fullness and satiety thanks to the fiber in them.
- This protects the body from obesity and thus rid the body of many diseases.
- It works to strengthen the bones of the body and protect them from fragility with age through calcium, which is very important for the health of bones and teeth.
- It also contributes to controlling blood pressure in the body.
Tips before eating fruits and vegetables
In the introduction to fruits and vegetables, attention should be paid to some tips that enable the body to fully benefit from all the benefits of vegetables and fruits, including the following:
- When cutting vegetables, you must consider cutting them into relatively large parts, because the vitamins present.
- It is wasted when it comes into contact with air during cutting. Keeping cutting into large parts reduces the percentage of wastage of vitamins.
- Consider the use of a small amount of water when cooking vegetables so that you can benefit from all the elements of the vegetables.
- Make sure to cover it tightly to prevent leakage of steam and beneficial oils during cooking.
- It is preferable to eat balanced amounts of raw vegetables on a daily basis and avoid adding a lot of fat or salt to it.
- This is done by adding vegetables to salads and eating them with or before meals.
- With regard to fruits, it is preferable to eat the daily ration of fresh fruits than to drink juices.
- For a person to benefit from all the fiber found in the fruit, this does not conflict with the importance of drinking natural juices.
- When storing fruits and vegetables, they must be kept away from raw meat and fish storage places to prevent any bacteria from being transmitted to them.
- Taking care to wash them well before eating and soak the leafy vegetables in a solution of water with vinegar to make sure they are clean.
Leafy vegetables and their benefits
Among the types of leafy vegetables are watercress, lettuce, parsley, spinach, nalta jute and many others, and each of these types has very important benefits for health, including the following:
- The nutritional value of this vegetable is very high, and therefore it provides the body with sufficient energy and activity.
- It also protects the body from diseases of the stomach and colon and promotes the freshness and youth of the skin.
- Besides, it reduces cholesterol and harmful fats in the body.
Cruciferous vegetables and their benefits
- Cruciferous vegetables include broccoli, radish, cauliflower, and turnip.
- These types will protect the body from heart disease and vascular problems.
- It also works to protect the body from serious cancers, and strengthens the health of bones and teeth.
- This is all due to the healthy minerals, vitamins and fiber that cruciferous vegetables contain.
Green vegetables and their benefits
- Green vegetables include green beans, cabbage, peas, cucumber, leek, green beans and many other vegetables.
- These types are rich in antioxidants, especially lutein, which maintains eye and skin health.
- It also works to prevent heart problems and arterial diseases and enhances and strengthens the immune system.
- It regulates pressure levels in the body and lowers blood pressure.